The Florida sunshine is out, the time to enjoy lunch on the patio, summertime picnics, and the beautiful beaches of Florida is NOW! The day to day grime tends to stick, and we wear it on our faces. The skin on your face is probably the most obvious place on our bodies that speaks volumes about what we have done over the years. Build up and sun spots, slight discoloration, these things can make you look years older than you really are.
Your skin has multiple layers, and what you see on the surface can look dry, wrinkled, and tired. Exfoliating your skin in the shower can only do so much for stimulating fresh new skins cells to surface, as you wipe away the old. But the truth is, that there is a lot you can do to refresh your look, and take off years from your face, without the act of a cosmetic surgical procedure.
What is Skin Rejuvenation?
Dr. Arabitg, a plastic surgeon in Orlando, at Plastic Surgery Central Florida likes to provide an all-encompassing practice for all things beauty. For convenience, patients have services provided for them that take it a step further than what you would find at just a spa. In Orlando, plastic surgery for refreshing the neck and face is very common, however, there are numerous procedures you can elect to have either in combination with surgery, or before considering surgery. If you are a regular sun worshiper, having any of the procedures listed below on a routine basis could be beneficial to you. There are a variety of procedures that are not plastic cosmetic surgery procedures that can take years off of your face. Among these procedures, they may range on the level of intensity and invasiveness. Skin rejuvenation treatments can include, but are not limited to:
- -Laser Skin Resurfacing- Laser resurfacing removes old, damaged skin layer by layer, with a precision that other procedures cannot exact. It may sound invasive, but it really is not. Your surgeon can treat small areas, one at a time, or may choose to treat the entire face at once. Medication like steroids and ibuprofen usually do the trick post-procedure; and blemishes like acne, scars, and wrinkles become light to non-existent (WebMD LLC, 2017).
- -Chemical Peels- Chemical peels are fantastic and can work wonders for your skin. Highly versatile, chemical peels can vary from light, medium, to deep chemical peels, removing layers of sun damage, acne, wrinkles, and scarring. Skin discoloration can disappear with the right peel (WebMD LLC, 2017).
- -Dermabrasion- Predominantly for people with fair skin, dermabrasion was designed to remove or lessen the visibility of acne scars, pox marks, and age spots. Microdermabrasion can be done on any skin type, and helps with wrinkles, spots, and soft scarring (WebMD LLC, 2017).
- -Scar Revision- This procedure, or series of procedures, (depending on the case) is designed to make the skin of the scar tissue match the look of the surrounding skin. This lessens the visibility of the scarring.
Below, are procedures that are considered to be non-surgical face lift procedures. These procedures can give the results similar to a face lift without going under the knife.
- -Dermal Filler- Cosmetic fillers can smooth the surface of your skin and make wrinkles disappear, or become less deep and visible. This is temporary (WebMD LLC, 2017).
- -BOTOX- A Temporary, yet effective procedure, BOTOX is very common in those seeking to refresh their look, and it is often combined with chemical peels or dermabrasion (WebMD LLC, 2017).
As with any procedure, there is always risk. So, no matter what you decide to do, make sure to be completely up front with your surgeon during consultation. Things like cold-sores could affect the effectiveness of a procedure. Your skin may react differently, and of course, medications post-procedure may have side effects. Make sure you have all the facts beforehand, and it is essential to feel confident in your professional. Seeking these services from a licensed, skilled surgeon like Dr. Richard Arabitg can improve your results, and lessen the possibilities of poor outcomes versus a day spa (WebMD LLC, 2017).
WebMD LLC. (2017). WebMD. Retrieved from http://webmd.com